If the saved .xar/.web files do not show a thumbnail previewing the file then the DLL responsible for this can be manually registered to resolve this problem.
The DLL file will be present in the program installation folder, in the XaraDLLs folder. For example, if you're using Designer Pro X9 then that path may be
C:\Program Files (x86)\Xara\Xara Designer Pro X9\XaraDLLs
There are 2 different DLL files in this folder and which one you register depends on the operating system you are using.
If you are using a 32 bit operating system then you need to register the XarThumb.dll file.
If you are using a 64 bit operating system then you need to register the XarThumb64.dll file.
Adjust the instructions below accordingly for your environment, the installation path may be different on your computer.
1. Go to Start - All Programs - Accessories
2. Right click on Command Prompt and select 'Run as Administrator'
3. Type the following command (update this accordingly for your program/environment):
regsvr32 "C:\Program Files (x86)\Xara\Xara Designer Pro X9\XaraDLLs\XarThumb64.dll"
4. Press return on your keyboard.
5. You should then see a message confirming that the process was completed successfully, click OK to that.
6. Close the Command Prompt window.