WHAT IS WEB DESIGNER?
Web Designer also includes templates for individual graphics such as buttons and headings, which can be exported as GIF, PNG, JPEG.
Web Designer comes in two versions, Xara Web Designer and Xara Web Designer Premium. Premium includes extra, more advanced web and graphic design tools including sticky objects and stretching backgrounds, Flash and GIF animation support, a presentation feature, additional Widgets in the Designs Gallery, extra drawing and photo tools.
Why choose Xara Web Designer?
- You only need one software package to create and publish your site, because Web Designer offers all the tools you'll ever need for page layout, graphics, text, photos and animation, from conception to publishing
- Complete design freedom; you can literally place anything anywhere on the page. Effects that are traditionally difficult to achieve in HTML editors - such as text with curved edges or at an angle for example - are a snap in Web Designer.
- It's genuinely WYSIWYG, what you see in Web Designer is exactly what you get on your web page
- It uses professionally designed templates so the results always look great
- Loads of clever, time and effort saving tricks such as text flow around objects, buttons and text panels that automatically expand as you enter text, one click changing of site wide theme colors, color matching of imported objects, easy creation of mouseover effects and pop-ups, auto-optimization of photos for web use, easy embedding of web widgets
- Cross browser, cross platform compatible web pages, XHTML, CSS, W3C standards based.
- Offers a no-coding way to create responsive websites
You can find out more on the Web Designer website, which includes full feature information, demo movies, previews of the bundled templates, a gallery of websites created by Xara users, press reviews and testimonials and a free trial download. You can find details on what was new in the latest version on our website.
- 64bit Microsoft® Windows® Vista® | 7 | 8| 10
- Intel® Celeron® or newer, or AMD® Sempron® or newer
- minimum 500MB of RAM
- minimum 300MB of available hard-disk space
WHERE CAN I FIND THE RELEASE NOTES FOR THE LATEST UPDATE?
The most recent release notes for Web Designer can be found here
WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE PREMIUM AND THE CLASSIC VERSIONS?
A comparison chart is available from here
WHERE CAN I FIND INFORMATION ON WHAT IS NEW IN LATEST UPDATE?
Please click here to see all the new features and enhancements.
What are the license terms for Web Designer & Web Designer Premium?
Web Designer -View License terms
Web Designer Premium -View License terms
What’s the Update Service?
The simple explanation is that it’s a way for you to access new features and content as and when we develop them in the year after you purchase. You can find a FAQ on it here: http://shared.xara.com/diNpZUgi2O/
What's included within the content installer?
In versions prior to MX (v8), the content installer contained the full set of content including all the templates in the Designs Gallery, and was accessible once you had unlocked and registered the program. The content installer in version 9 and later contains all the content apart from the Designs Gallery content (which is now automatically downloaded by the Designs Gallery when you activate the software).
Do I need to uninstall previous versions of Web Designer prior to installing the current version?
No, the latest Web Designer installs as a completely standalone product, meaning that you do not need to uninstall previous versions of Web Designer before installing it.
Do you offer a 32bit version of Web Designer?
Since version 16 we no longer offer a 32bit version of Web Designer unfortunately.
Do you have any demo movies or tutorials for Web Designer?
Yes, you can find some Web Designer demo movies on the Xara website.
Our Resource Index http://www.xara.com/resources/ has a list of all Xara tutorials, which you can browse or search by keyword. Plus there is the Xara Xone which includes recent Xara tutorials plus links to many more from third parties.