You see error code 12157 when activating:
Xara uses the TLS 1.2 protocol to connect securely to the activation servers. If these protocols are not enabled, or outdated, you may see this error.
1) Ensure TLS 1.2 is enabled
1) Click on Start.
2) Go to the Control Panel.
3) Click on 'Internet Options'.
4) Click on 'Advanced'.
5) Scroll down to the security section, ensure 'Use TLS 1.2' is checked.
2) Update TLS Protocols
2) Under the section "How to get this update", Use either method 1 or 2 to download the update.
Note: Method 1 involves installing it through Windows Update on your PC. Method 2 is a direct download to the update (shortcut here).
3) Install the update.
4) On the same page in step 1, scroll down to the 'Easy Fix' section, and click on the 'Download' button there. *
5) Run the easy fix install.
6) Restart your PC.
* After installing the update, you need to apply it by making some registry edits. It's easier to run the easy fix button which will make these registry changes for you, however if you wish, you can make them yourself. The keys you need to change are in the same easy fix section
Afterwards, try activating again.