Date: 22nd April 2021
Version Number: 18.104.22.168938
Release notes: http://releasenotes.xara.hosting/designer-pro-plus/
We've Just released an update for Designer Pro+. The program should let you know on startup that an update is available, or go to Help > Check for Updates.
WebP is a modern image format that provides superior lossless and lossy compression for images on the web. Using WebP, webmasters and web developers can create smaller, richer images that make the web faster. You can read more information about the format here.
WebP will improve not only the loading times and performance of your website, but will also boost your SEO score!
Please see this article on how to enable WebP within your website.
Currently WebP is supported on export and publish only. Support for WebP import is coming shortly!
Improved PDF and Word Import
Some further improvements to the text positioning and accuracy when importing either PDF or Word files, as well as other general bug fixes and performance improvements. Please see below for the full list.
Bug Fixes and Other Improvement
- Fixed slow import of PDFs that contain a very large number of colors
- Fixed an issue with ligature autokerning
- General text positioning accuracy improvements
- Improvements relating to export of PDF documents to word
- Autokerning now applied to exported text for improved position accuracy
- Further general text accuracy improvements
- Fixed an issue which caused bold to be incorrectly set on text using embedded fonts
- Fixed an issue which caused shape to appear on top of text, prevent editing
- Fixed a crash when importing certain Word documents
- Fixed an issue which caused stock image search to return fewer results than expected
- Fixed a redraw issue when detaching an inverted opacity mask